• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Windows 2012 Not Forwarding IPv6

Started by amwdrizz, March 30, 2013, 03:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amwdrizz

Trying to figure out a slight issue.  I have an Windows 2012 Server VPS running the RRAS for VPN.  I can successfully issue an IPv6 to the client, along with the default route.  But the server will not route outside to the network/internet for any VPN client.

From what I can see here, the server does not know how to route the vpn ipv6 connections to the next router (Which is my HE.net IPv6 endpoint).  I can ping the client from the server and the server from the client.  So the two will at least talk to each other.

I made a post over on the TechNet forums hoping for an answer there as well.  I'll post the link for it as it contains all of the relevant log/dump data.  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverPN/thread/7f728ed0-cfba-4fc2-92c2-437f4f1a223d

A simple break down is this

I have a CentOS 6 VM that is acting as my endpoint and providing network wide ipv6 connectivity.  The VPN Server is given an /64 from my /48.  And the server can access the internet, etc via IPv6 over that /64 assigned.

If any of you have any suggestions for me to try, I am open ears for it.

amwdrizz

cholzhauer

Are you able to ping the gateway address when you're on the VPN?

amwdrizz

After two failures, the last two went through.

So had a 50% failure rate on the first run, every run there after returned 0% failure.

To summerize,

I can ping from the VPN client
fe80::86d:bb9c:f65e:3197
and
2001:470:89d1:1183::1

In addition to any connected VPN Clients, everything else is DOA