• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Do I Even Need to Go Through Certification?

Started by athenathegrate, April 26, 2013, 05:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

athenathegrate

I host my domain on Wordpress
I just wanted to use a third party to be able to redirect my dns/domain

I think I bit off more than I could chew.

I'm currently trying to get the 'Enthusiast' certification.
I followed the steps the best that I possibly could but I continue to receive the

'Could not grab the file via IPv6 HTTP' message.

Help   Step   Description   Data
   [1]   Completed: Code generated   vu3hfsvjft
   [2]   Completed: Valid FQDN entered   http://whoisathena.com /
   [3]   Completed: URL created:   http://whoisathena.com/vu3hfsvjft.txt

I made the txt file in the wwwroot and I just don't know.

Please help me out, I'm sure it's a simple fix (at least I hope so).

broquea

Have you even tried loading the url for the txt file? it gives a 404.

cholzhauer

And no, you don't have to go through the certification process if you don't want to.  However, I'd recommend doing it because you get the opportunity to learn quite a bit.

athenathegrate

Quote from: broquea on April 26, 2013, 09:32:27 PM
Have you even tried loading the url for the txt file? it gives a 404.

What is supposed to load?

It was showing the IIS7 Image but it doesn't seem to be loading it anymore.
Should I start the process over?

cholzhauer

IIRC, the link should load a text file with the random string given to you by the certification webpage.

I"d make sure IIS is running and your firewall isn't getting in the way

athenathegrate

Quote from: cholzhauer on April 29, 2013, 04:43:33 AM
IIRC, the link should load a text file with the random string given to you by the certification webpage.

I"d make sure IIS is running and your firewall isn't getting in the way

i appreciate your help but this has gotten too complicated. How can i direct a domain to point to another hosting site?

broquea

Quotei appreciate your help but this has gotten too complicated. How can i direct a domain to point to another hosting site?

If you are just going to have someone do all the legwork and get stuff working, then yes: 'what is the point? Do I need to do this?' makes it irrelevant almost.

If you are doing this to get IRC/SMTP access, then the point is to learn some internet service hosting fundamentals. If you can get it working with IPv4, then it should be relatively similar/easy for IPv6. You could try reading some Microsoft Press books/documentation for IIS and go from there.

athenathegrate

QuoteIf you are doing this to get IRC/SMTP access, then the point is to learn some internet service hosting fundamentals. If you can get it working with IPv4, then it should be relatively similar/easy for IPv6. You could try reading some Microsoft Press books/documentation for IIS and go from there.

Thanks, as far as he.net are there any tutorials or any resources that are site-specific, that you may know (for changing a-records and cnames?)

passport123

Quote from: cholzhauer on April 27, 2013, 01:24:32 PM
... you get the opportunity to learn quite a bit.

Wonderful answer!

"The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to confess your ignorance." – Confucius