• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

IPv6 quagga mess

Started by edv, December 05, 2008, 02:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edv

Hi there!

I´m trying to setup a new tunnel, my first v6, using quagga 0.99.4 over FreeBSD 6.1-release.

If its true thats it grow some hair on my chest, I´m quite sure looking like Chewbacca. After spending some time looking for a bgp mess, I´m almost to conclude that the problem is more relacted to zebra then bgp.

Please, somebody out there could share zebra setup for the interface tunnel, over wich bgp session rely on?

From the shell of my router I can ping6 all the world, but I think the config should do on zebra, and not simply creating tunnel interface by hand.

Thanks!

Edv @ americanadigital.com.br
Brasil

broquea

Here is a sanitized version of what we have with a working freebsd quagga/IPv6 bgp speaker (quagga 0.86.4? stable basically, not the 0.99 branch)

zebra.conf:
interface bge0
ip address x.x.x.x/30
ipv6 address 2001:470:y:y::2/64
ipv6 nd suppress-ra

bgpd.conf:
router bgp 6939
bgp router-id x.x.x.x
redistribute connected metric 1
redistribute static metric 1
neighbor 2001:470:y:y::1 remote-as 6939
neighbor 2001:470:y:y::1 update-source bge0
!
address-family ipv6
network 2001:470:yx::/48
network 2001:470:yy::/48
neighbor 2001:470:y:y::1 activate
exit-address-family

So I'd guess for your zebra.conf you'll have a GIF# interface defined with the tunnel's IPv6 address on it, kind of like:
interface gif0
ipv6 address 2001:470:y:y::2/64

And If the update-source helps any, your bgpd.conf would have:
neighbor 2001:470:y:y::1 update-source gif0

edv

Mr. Broque, good morning!

Thank you for examples using Quagga!

I still cannot setup the p2p v6 over zebra daemon, cause I cannot found any documentation on how can I setup the tunnel over zebra.

In the other hand, our peering v6 session is UP and running, doing tunnel configuration direct on FreeBSD!

Thank you for help!

jrowens

Just checking, though you say it's sanitized, should we be using 'router bgp 6939' too, or should we use one of the private ASs, like 64512?  And should we be using /48s all around?

broquea

Quote from: jrowens on December 12, 2008, 02:16:47 PM
Just checking, though you say it's sanitized, should we be using 'router bgp 6939' too, or should we use one of the private ASs, like 64512?  And should we be using /48s all around?

You should be using your AS, since that is what you want to originate as. We do not do any BGP tunnels with private ASNs. The /48s are just examples of having network statements. If you have a /32 you want to announce to us, you'd have your /32 listed there.