• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

I have dual boot windows 8.1 and mavericks.Can i have tunnel broker ?

Started by shak85, September 28, 2014, 02:53:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shak85

Hello

How is it possible to use tunnel broker on both os ? Will there be a conflict because of same tunnel on same ip ?

Thanks in advance

cholzhauer

It should work fine.  I assume you're asking the question because you're going to host the tunnel on one of those two machines?

The only ip HE cares about is the public one, which would be the same with both

shak85

It doesn't work . I have tunnel configured in windows and when i get to mac i don't have ipv6 . Do i need to do anything more in mac?

broquea

use one of the machines as an ipv6 router. you can only create 1 HE tunnel to your IP.

cholzhauer

But he should be able to use the same tunnel on two machines that aren't on at the same time, right?

broquea

I don't know if he is dual booting, or running a virtual machine. If dual booting, then he should probably configure it under the newly booted OS. I would not expect something I configured while booted in 1 OS, to be present in the other after a reboot into it. If a virtual machine, then no, pick the host OS as the routing OS.

shak85

No i'm not ruuning a VM, I dual boot windows 8.1 and with macos Mavericks . In mavericks in network settings the ipv6 is automatically configured. There is an option to manually configure it . I'm using the ip of the interface which is common 192.168.1.2 . Should I manually add the network settings to make it work?

kcochran

OS X isn't going to find your tunnel configuration automatically.  That option exists for when you're on a network which has existing IPv6 on it with information provided via SLAAC/DHCPv6.  This would be the case, for example, if you configured your upstream router as the tunnel anchor, and to route the assigned /64.  You'd need to do the manual command line settings to configure the tunnel on it, otherwise.

shak85