• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

I recently got a new router - NETGEAR R6300v2

Started by greghanna, August 28, 2014, 10:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greghanna

And unfortunately I can't get IPv6 to work on it, I've tried all the options it gives me and it won't allow me to use my IPv6 tunnel.

My routed /48 is 2001:470:b9bb::/48

My old Linksys E1500 worked just fine, but this new router is awesome, 'cept that I can't get the IPv6 to work.

Attached:  One is all the options that the router gives for IPv6, and the other is "Fixed" which might be the one that might make it work, but I don't know the information it wants, like the WAN IP (which I'm assuming is the IP he.net gave me) but I'm not sure on the Gateway, Primary DNS, and the IPv6 Address/Prefix Length.

I've tried the Auto Detect, which ended up picking 6to4 Tunnel, which I tried, and still no luck, I posted on netgear's forum and someone said they're having the same issues and to return it since I've only had it a few days, but I love the speeds I'm getting from it, and SURELY there's some sort of way to get it to work.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

cholzhauer

greghanna

Oops, my bad.

Options:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fixed:

broquea

Yeah, that isn't really gonna let you configure a 6in4 tunnel on the device.

greghanna

Damn, I was hoping it'd work, you'd think so after having so many different options...  I guess I could downgrade routers to the cheaper one, maybe that'd work.

Thank you!

adkorte

Quote from: greghanna on August 29, 2014, 01:01:11 PM
Damn, I was hoping it'd work, you'd think so after having so many different options...  I guess I could downgrade routers to the cheaper one, maybe that'd work.
Or replace the firmware with something that will allow you to configure a tunnel. I ran into the same problem and ended up installing OpenWRT on my Netgear WNDR4300.