• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Email cert tests

Started by slaxative, November 20, 2008, 05:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slaxative

How about a similar setup for the e-mail server test? For those of us without an ipv6 capable email server?

broquea

Quote from: slaxative on November 20, 2008, 05:41:07 AM
How about a similar setup for the e-mail server test? For those of us without an ipv6 capable email server?

The mail test is split already, with getting email as one test and having reverse dns as the other.
There is no skipping the mail portion of the tests, as it is a prerequisite for Guru.

slaxative

I was just hoping for an easier way to get past the e-mail. Its the only thing stopping me from moving on :)
I dont really want to setup sendmail on my desktop running ipv6 just for a test.
By the way, this service HE provides is amazing.
Thanks for all your help and hard work to provide this to everyone.

broquea

Quote from: slaxative on November 20, 2008, 06:06:46 PM
I was just hoping for an easier way to get past the e-mail. Its the only thing stopping me from moving on :)
I dont really want to setup sendmail on my desktop running ipv6 just for a test.
By the way, this service HE provides is amazing.
Thanks for all your help and hard work to provide this to everyone.

postfix is really quick I've found, even from basic setups in distros.
and with most modern package management it can be installed, configured, run, de-installed relatively quickly.

ertyu

I can't seem to get the email test to work either, the button changes to "Sending" and nothing else seems to happen. I'm not sure if the test is broken or my setup is busted.

broquea

Quote from: ertyu on November 20, 2008, 08:41:39 PM
I can't seem to get the email test to work either, the button changes to "Sending" and nothing else seems to happen. I'm not sure if the test is broken or my setup is busted.

check your logs and if you see anything copy/paste and email ipv6@he.net  be sure to include as much detail about your setup or ipv6 addresses, etc. more information only helps us figure stuff out.

gonna split this into a separate thread

ertyu

Quote from: broquea on November 20, 2008, 08:50:56 PM
Quote from: ertyu on November 20, 2008, 08:41:39 PM

check your logs and if you see anything copy/paste and email ipv6@he.net  be sure to include as much detail abuot your setup or ipv6 addresses, etc. more information only helps us figure stuff out.

gonna split this into a separate thread
I'm not getting anything in the logs, so I'm not sure where its breaking down.

ertyu

Should the button get stuck saying "Sending" and appear to do nothing?

ertyu

I see a note about the email test being updated.
I tried again and it's still not working for me, I am using exim.

I get one packet and that seems to be it:

20:41:40.815077 ipv6.he.net.54152 > ariek.ertyu.org.smtp: S 3797095347:3797095347(0) win 5760 <mss 1440,sackOK,timestamp 200326196 0,nop,wscale 7>
20:41:40.815359 ariek.ertyu.org.smtp > ipv6.he.net.54152: R 0:0(0) ack 3797095348 win 0

broquea

It could be possible its still part of the grey-listing issue. Is there anything in your EXIM logs about the connection?

also ariek.ertyu.org doesn't seem to have a AAAA associated with it, what was the email address or MX record?

ertyu

Blush, just noticed the mail server wasn't listening on ipv6.

Will keep trying.

broquea

Quote from: ertyu on January 24, 2009, 08:05:22 PM
Blush, just noticed the mail server wasn't listening on ipv6.

Will keep trying.

Yes, I suspect that will help :D
See you made it to Guru now!