• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

How to set up a ipv6 tunnel(HE) on a 'router' configured on a Linux PC ?

Started by zonesowhat, June 13, 2016, 06:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zonesowhat

Hello everyone,
  (The following I wrote is based on a traditional ipv4-network environment without any ipv6 service from ISP .)

As we know, the tunnel of HE can be set up on a router such as Cisco and so on, but it costs too much to buy those specified routers for personal use.
  So I wondered whether the tunnel can be setup on a 'router' which is configured on a Linux PC or not,so that hosts(especilly for the Andriod phones or iPhones)  under the 'router' can use the service of tunnel to visit resouces of ipv6/ipv6-only .
  If it does, is anyone do me a faver with a how-to? How to set up the router and how to configure it for the popurse above.
  And if not, is there any solutions which makes iPhones to visit ipv6 via the tunnel ? Or the only solution is asking the v6 service from ISP ?

(I think it must be thousands of people who have the same thought as me, so I post a topic here for help, not only for me, but also for others.Thanks for your reading .)

cholzhauer

Have you asked Google or looked through the forums? What you're asking is really fairly simple.

Many wireless routers will let you create a 6in4 tunnel and they cost under $100

zonesowhat

Quote from: cholzhauer on June 14, 2016, 05:16:46 AM
Have you asked Google or looked through the forums? What you're asking is really fairly simple.

Many wireless routers will let you create a 6in4 tunnel and they cost under $100
OK. I thought it should be difficult because of lack of experience. Thanks for your advice.

cholzhauer