• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Double NAT from ISP - can I tunnel into an IP camera?

Started by GGibbard, November 07, 2017, 06:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGibbard

The ISP has given me a private address on my WAN port.  I have no access to the second stage of NAT to forward ports, so outside requests to view a camera on my network are blocked. 
Is there a way to set up my router with IPv6 to tunnel through this?  The camera and router support IPv6 but the setup of the router is a bit beyond me.
The setup on the outside requester confuses me as well. 
I have a tunnel through tunnelbroker.  The Router is an Asus RT66U.

cholzhauer

Is your tunnel currently working?  They don't support double NAT

GGibbard

The issue is at a friend's house.  I have been trying to learn about IPv6 at my office and how to set up a tunnel, but I have a static IP here so the tunnel appears to be working at my office. 
I realize this is not a good test environment.  It is difficult to get to the friend's house, so I was trying to figure out the settings I need before I go (I might even be trying to do this through Teamviewer) and I don't even know if this situation will work there. 
So you are saying it likely won't work through the ISP equipment for my friend?
Frustrating, because the ISP help person was the one to suggest possibly IPv6, but I'm not sure they knew what they were talking about.

cholzhauer

IPv6 would work, but HE's setup requires you to have a publicly addressable IP address, and in this case, your friend wouldn't.