• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Blocked by various Websites / Services

Started by revolt112, April 05, 2020, 02:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

revolt112

Hello,

i have a big problem. Many sites and services (mostly based in the US) are denying my connections. After some research i found the reason for that.

Details for 2001:470:754X:censored
IP: 2001:470:754X:censored
Expanded IP: 2001:470:754X:censored
Hostname: 2001:470:754X:censored
ASN: 6939
ISP: Hurricane Electric IPv6 Tunnel Broker
Organization: Hurricane Electric IPv6 Tunnel Broker
Services: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Likely Static IP
Continent: Asia
State/Region: Fars
City: Shiraz
Latitude: 29.6036  (29° 36′ 12.96″ N)
Longitude: 52.5388  (52° 32′ 19.68″ E)

Some geo ip serverices assume my IPv6 prefix is located in Iran.
Where can i start trying to fix that?

Cheers Revolt112

tjeske

Find out which GeoIP database provider the services are using. Send the service an email or use the contact form to tell the service the correct location of machines on your prefix. That's how I did it. Unfortunately, bigger services like Facebook seem to use their own database and they don't seem to care about manual inquiries.

revolt112

teamviewer seems to use maxmind, i already contacted support. Thanks

tjeske

In case you haven't found it yet, MaxMind even has a dedicated webform to submit correction requests:
https://support.maxmind.com/geoip-data-correction-request/

revolt112

Is there a possibility that HE is interventing on this? I have major problems surfing on the web.

I found serveral IP geolocation services where HE's IPv6 Prefix for /48 is located in Iran

tjeske

Not really. And what should HE do? Contact all database maintainers? Unlikely.

What's your actual location? Which endpoint are you using?

I think it's just a database mixup. Maybe some service once thought your /48 or even an overlying /32 was intended to be or once was issued to Iran? No idea really how allocations are made and announced.

PS: You could also delete your tunnel and create a new one, and request a new /48. Maybe you'll get assigned one with more suitable database entries.