• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IPv6 Printers for SOHO (Small Office / Home Office)

Started by KNBu5ZMdbR, November 16, 2009, 06:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KNBu5ZMdbR

Does anyone have comments about printers that support IPv6?  I want to purchase a new network all-in-one printer for my home office and I want to go with IPv6.

Brother has several printers which advertise IPv6 and their manuals include a few pages of IPv6 settings.  The MFC-6940CW looks nice.

Canon might have some IPv6 support.  They don't list it in their web pages, that I could find, but the PIXMA MP560 and MP990 Network Troubleshooting manuals have an IPv6 button in a picture.  No text.  So, the impression I get is that IPv6 is a little premature there.

I went through the HP printer selection wizard and couldn't find anything below $1K.  I think they have a good history of IPv6 support in their commercial printers.

So, Brother seems to be the best in advertising and documenting.  How are they in implementation?

cholzhauer

The HP 2025 that I had supported IPv6.  It looks like it's been replaced by the 2035, which I assume would also support IPv6.

cholzhauer

I can confirm that the Laserjet P2055dn has support for IPv6

dougm

jgadmin

Are there any standalone print servers that support IPv6?

ecoimp0211

I use AirLive P-203N.It is an advanced printer server equipped with 2 USB 2.0/1.1 ports and a high speed bi-directional parallel ports which supports IPV6.

tonyaony

Quote from: KNBu5ZMdbR on November 16, 2009, 06:33:06 AM
Does anyone have comments about printers that support IPv6?  I want to purchase a new network all-in-one printer for my home office and I want to go with IPv6.

Brother has several printers which advertise IPv6 and their manuals include a few pages of IPv6 settings.  The MFC-6940CW looks nice.

Canon might have some IPv6 support.  They don't list it in their web pages, that I could find, but the PIXMA MP560 and MP990 Network Troubleshooting manuals have an IPv6 button in a picture.  No text.  So, the impression I get is that IPv6 is a little premature there.

I went through the HP printer selection wizard and couldn't find anything below $1K.  I think they have a good history of IPv6 support in their commercial printers.

So, Brother seems to be the best in advertising and documenting.  How are they in implementation?

Have you tried Lexmark Printers? I advice you to check tonerzone and look for prices of lexmark ink.. you might consider a lexmark then..