• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

V4 Address

Started by somegroup, February 07, 2010, 03:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

somegroup

can you change http://ipv4.tunnelbroker.net/ipv4_end.php ?

When you register a new IP it responds: Your tunnel endpoint has been updated to: a.b.c.d

When you register the current IP it responds: That IPv4 endpoint is already in use

Can you change it so it responds with the current IP (for an easy way to get your external ip to update the tunnel)

kriteknetworks

Quote from: somegroup on February 07, 2010, 03:17:15 AM
When you register the current IP it responds: That IPv4 endpoint is already in use

Can you change it so it responds with the current IP (for an easy way to get your external ip to update the tunnel)

Why are you registering an already registered IP? While its possible the IP you're trying to update with may be in use, email ipv6@he.net with your account and tunnel info, and they can look into possible problems on their end.

whatismyip.com will show you your current IP.

cholzhauer

If I read that correctly, I think he's asking for the tunnel page to list the IPv4 address you're connecting to the page from, so it would be easier to update your endpoint of the tunnel.

While that might work for the first time tunnel sign up (and I think that's how it's already set up) it wouldn't work for updates if you were connecting over an IPv6 connection, which should be the default connection method.

But then again, I guess you wouldn't need to update your tunnel endpoint if the tunnel was already working.

snarked

QuoteWhy are you registering an already registered IP?
I don't think you were thinking when you said this.

The script is meant for dynamic connections.  Obviously, someone else who previously was assigned that dynamic IP is also a tunnel holder and used it to establish his/her tunnel in an earlier session.  Of course, they're disconnected now, but such blocks any other tunnel from being established.

Perhaps HE should request the (initial) static vs. dynamic status of any IPv4 address a tunnel is being connected to.  When someone tries to (re-)assign a dynamic address, then HE should ping that tunnel, and if such pings fail, then reassign.  Static assignments would be protected from that procedure.  The former holder of that dynamic IPv4 endpoint would get 0.0.0.0 assigned to that field, thus deactivating that tunnel.

somegroup

The machine running the tunnel is BEHIND the machine with the external IP.

I can not see my external IP from the internal machine at my end of the tunnel.

I want the ipv4_end.php script to TELL me the IP even if has not updated the endpoint information, so that I can setup the tunnel automatically. My external IP is dynamic, but may persist through a restart of the internal machine - so in this case I can not setup the tunnel because I don't know the IP.

whatismyip.com is a pain to parse in a script - i'd much rather just parse a text response from the ipv4_end.php script.

Can you have ipv4_end.php include the IP of the end-point in the response message even when the requested ip (ipv4b=AUTO) is the same as the one already configured ?

bombcar

somegroup