• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Virgin Media/DD-WRT with Tunnelbroker?

Started by fofusion, May 11, 2010, 06:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fofusion

Hi guys

I've been struggling to get my tunnel to work with my current setup.

I'm with Virgin Media on the 50Mb service - I'm starting to believe it may be the modems doing..
I've got a Linksys/Cisco WRT610N flashed with the latest version of DD-WRT.

I'm also seeing conflicting blog posts about what forms the address - should part of it be my wans mac or the 200:00ff:fe00:0000/64 that most tutorials seem to have..

Startup Config

ip tunnel add he-ipv6 mode sit remote 216.66.80.26 ttl 64 (216.66.80.26 being the IPv4 Tunnel Server)
ip link set he-ipv6 up
ip addr add XXXX:XXX:XXXX:XXX::1/64 dev he-ipv6 (XXXX:XXX:XXXX:XXX::1/64 being the IPv6 Tunnel Server)
ip route add ::/0 dev he-ipv6
ip addr add XXXX:XXX:XXXX:XXX:200:00ff:fe00:0000/64 dev br0 (XXX:XXX:XXXX:XXX being my routed /64 address - should the second part be the mac of my wan nic?)

Firewall Config

insmod ip6t_REJECT
ip6tables -F
ip6tables -A FORWARD -p tcp -i he-ipv6 &#-106;syn -m multiport &#-106;dports ftp-data,ftp,ssh,smtp,http,https,ntp,domain -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -A FORWARD -p tcp -i he-ipv6 &#-106;syn -j REJECT &#-106;reject-with adm-prohibited
ip6tables -A FORWARD -p udp -i he-ipv6 -m multiport &#-106;dports ntp,domain -j ACCEPT
ip6tables -A FORWARD -p udp -i he-ipv6 -j REJECT &#-106;reject-with adm-prohibited

I've enabled IPv6 under the management tab and radvd.

Radvd Config

interface br0
{
AdvSendAdvert on;
prefix XXXX:XXX:XXXX:XXX::/64 (XXXX:XXX:XXXX:XXX::/64 being my routed /64 address)
{
AdvOnLink on;
AdvAutonomous on;
};
};

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

cholzhauer

I assume you left the 1 off the 2001: on purpose? 

I'm also seeing conflicting blog posts about what forms the address - should part of it be my wans mac or the 200:00ff:fe00:0000/64 that most tutorials seem to have..

I'm not sure what you mean here

fofusion

Hey

Thanks for the response..

I left the /1 there on purpose because I saw a guide saying to use /2. However a user commented saying /1 worked for them and is the right way to do it..

As for the conflicting guides:
200:00ff:fe00:0000/64 seems to be used in most examples. However in one post it said to use the mac address of your br0 interface (presumably the mac address of my wan nic?).

Thanks again :D

cholzhauer

Now I'm really confused ;)

The mac address doesn't play a role here (except for RA, but that's all automagic) unless the Cisco setup needs it, but I haven't seen a place.

You should have a couple of addresses assigned to you.  One range is the same, just one has a ::1 address and the other has a ::2 address.  The ::1 is not yours to assign.  The ::2 needs to be assigned to your end of the tunnel.  With the ::2 address, your end point should be able to talk IPv6 with HE.

If you need to add other devices to your network, and I"m sure you do, you need to use the routed /64 HE assigned to you.  If you need more than one subnet, you need to request a /48.

Does that help a little?

fofusion

I got ya.

I've figured it out - I think my configuration (or at least one of the many I tried) was right all along ;) It's just that DD-WRT v24 does not currently support IPv6..

Thanks for all the help :D

broquea

cholzhauer

Yeah, I can confirm V24 has support for Ipv6 (as long as you have the correct version (mega, mini, ect) and have enough room to install JFFS ;) )

fofusion

Thanks for the link :)
I've got the DD-WRT v24-sp2 big firmware flashed so this could be promising..

I'm gonna have another go later. I'll report back with my results :)

Cheers..