• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

shared IP

Started by askme, October 30, 2010, 03:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broquea

Quote from: jimb on October 31, 2010, 06:19:32 PM
Yeh.  He'd obviously have to delete his current tunnel and create a new one on another server...

Except in this case I believe he said that someone else created the tunnel, while they are all behind some giant NAT. So there is no way for him to delete a tunnel not associated with his account.

A "feature" of CGN many more people can look forward to :(

jimb

Quote from: broquea on October 31, 2010, 11:52:46 PM
Quote from: jimb on October 31, 2010, 06:19:32 PM
Yeh.  He'd obviously have to delete his current tunnel and create a new one on another server...

Except in this case I believe he said that someone else created the tunnel, while they are all behind some giant NAT. So there is no way for him to delete a tunnel not associated with his account.

A "feature" of CGN many more people can look forward to :(
Oh yeh I didn't think of that.  But of course that presumes that other person is talking to HE and not just doing 6in4 or 6to4 to wherever.  But if the other is, well I guess he's screwed.  And that would seem to be the case unless the NAT isn't considering the destination, in which case, he's still screwed.  :P  

And yeh, CGNs/LSNs will be fun.  One of the reasons I hope router/fw mfgs will better support 6in4 through NAT, sort of like most already do for PPTP through NAT.