• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

[SPLIT] Re: Hardware that supports Protocol 41 Tunnels out of the box

Started by arcticfire, July 27, 2008, 11:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcticfire

Quote from: samh on February 18, 2008, 03:54:44 PM
We are looking to compile a list of firewall/CPE devices that by default (With no major changes except maybe a firmware update) support IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels. (Protocol 41 tunneling).

If you are passing your tunnel over a commercial firewall to terminate on a machine behind it, then please let us know what version hardware and firmware you are having success with.

So far we have tested in house:

# Linksys WRT54G firmware 4.21.2
# Linksys WRT54GL firmware 4.30.7 & 4.30.11
# D-Link DGL-4100 firmware 1.6 & 1.7

All of which work.

I might have set something up wrong. My WRT54g has firmware version 4.21.1 (not that much of a difference) and my tunnel doesn't work. Here are the commands I used on my windows machine as instructed by the tunnel info page.

ipv6 install
ipv6 rtu ::/0 2/::209.51.161.14 pub
ipv6 adu 2/2001:470:1f06:6c5::2

broquea

tufinhas

try with Vista/2008 commands
and replace your public ip with your local ip

Quote*NOTE* When behind a firewall appliance that passes protocol41, instead of using the IPv4 endpoint you provided to our broker, use the IPv4 address you get from your appliance's DHCP service.

arcticfire

That was it. I was using my public IP instead of my local IP. But anyway, I got it working with DD-WRT, so no worries here.

lasfulop

Quote from: arcticfire on July 27, 2008, 11:21:39 PM
We are looking to compile a list of firewall/CPE devices that by default (With no major changes except maybe a firmware update) support IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels. (Protocol 41 tunneling).

If you are passing your tunnel over a commercial firewall to terminate on a machine behind it, then please let us know what version hardware and firmware you are having success with.

All of which work.

I am trying to set up a tunnel as well. I have a Linksys WRT54G router, everything seems fine according to HE technical support so either the router doens't support protocol 41 or my ISP. But my router's firmware is v1.02.8. And this is  Linksys WRT54G ver 6. The version could mean anything? For this router this is the latest version of firmware.

cholzhauer

Did you place the host in the DMZ? Turn the firewall off?

Gonna need some more info

vivow

Quote from: lasfulop on January 26, 2011, 01:51:50 PM
Quote from: arcticfire on July 27, 2008, 11:21:39 PM

All of which work.

I am trying to set up a tunnel as well. I have a Linksys WRT54G router, everything seems fine according to HE technical support so either the router doens't support protocol 41 or my ISP. But my router's firmware is v1.02.8. And this is  Linksys WRT54G ver 6. The version could mean anything? For this router this is the latest version of firmware.

I too have the WRT54G router and all my tries gettin that thing to work failed (even DMZ and turning off all firewalls). In the end I had to connect the laptop directly to the modem.
But since you have a flashable version of the router, you could look out for the alternative firmwares ddwrt and open wrt. Both of them allow IPv6 tunneling.

lasfulop

Quote from: cholzhauer on January 27, 2011, 06:09:06 AM
Did you place the host in the DMZ? Turn the firewall off?

Gonna need some more info
I tried everything, I think. Firewall turned off. Host in the DMZ. I saw others saying that it didn't work placing the host in dmz, so I have to call my ISP or use some 3rd party firmware on my router.