• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

tunnelbroker through dd-wrt micro

Started by Mangix, March 27, 2011, 02:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangix

anyone know how to do it? all the tutorials that i've seen are for mini or standard builds.

many thanks

cholzhauer

afaik you cant....micro does not support ipv6 or have enough jffs space

Mangix

that's really weird since i used to use tunnelbroker through a dmz'd connection. do you mean to tell me that instead of just adding a NAT the linksys that i have dd-wrt micro installed on filters protocol 41 for no reason? if so, i never should have added the router in the first place...

cholzhauer

Oh sorry, i read your post wrong.  I assumed you were trying to host the tunnel on a micro build.  You should be able to pass proto41 on your router... I'll have to look it up in the morning

Mangix

a small update

i was able to get tunnelbroker working by setting my original router(2wire) in bridged mode and the linksys in pppoe mode(using dsl). it works with and without a firewall miraculously.

i recently stumbled upon this dynamic ipv4 endpoint page and am wondering if it would be possible to use with the router each time the IP changes. i do not like that ping must be allowed instead of blocked to do this. does this dynamic endpoint thing still require ping?

broquea

Yes. And blocking ICMP doesn't do anything beneficial.

Mangix

alright. main reason i block ping is to pass GRC's ShieldsUp test but if it's pointless, oh well.