• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

DNS Propogation

Started by ToddBurr, October 19, 2012, 02:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToddBurr

I created a DNS Entry in HE's DNS Server. How long should it take for it to propogate to HE's Cert site?  How long to propogate to the rest of the world?  Its been d.a.y.s....

T

kasperd

How long has it been since you pointed the NS records to the HE DNS servers? What was the TTL on the old NS records? What is the domain?

cholzhauer

May need to email ipv6@he.net and have them flush the cache too

ToddBurr

The NS records are pointing to ns[1-5].he.net.  Do I need to point them elsewhere?

broquea

ToddBurr

broquea

No match for "BEERWISPERER.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 01:53:03 UTC <<<

When was it registered and with which registrar? I ask because Gandi.net says I can register it right now. Creating invalid domains in dns.he.net doesn't make them magically available to the world, or even the test. The tests check against a caching name server, not the HE authoritative name servers.

ToddBurr

OK, So I'm trying to do the certification path.  Obviously I'm no DNS genious.  What do I have to do to get a web address that I can get to point to my machine. 

Are you saying that dns.he.net does the hosting but not the registration.  Or what are you telling me and what do I have to do to get past this cert test?

Thanks for your help.

T

broquea

DNS.HE.NET is hosting only, not registration.
Go to your preferred domain registrar, pay for a domain, point to HE, use HE, take cert tests :)

ToddBurr