• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

HE IPv6 tunnel on D-Link DIR-655 w/ FW 2.07NA

Started by EmeraldCityKid, October 20, 2012, 09:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmeraldCityKid

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the D-Link DIR-655 Gigabit 802.11 B/G/N wireless router? I've just updated the firmware on mine to the latest version (2.07 NA), and now can't get the LAN side of the router to connect to the WAN side for IPv6. I didn't have the problem with the previous firmware version (2.03 NA), but due to non-IPv6 related bugs that caused frequent disconnections, I was forced to upgrade the firmware. I set up things as I did before, selecting the Ipv6-in-IPv4 tunnel option and plugged in the details required, making sure to turn off DHCP-PD in the process. Previously, that worked, and I had IPv6 up and running just fine... I tried the same after doing the upgrade, and no dice... The link between HE and the DIR-655 is up, but from the DIR-655 to my computers and devices isn't (IPv4 from Comcast works fine, and for now, there's no IPv6 from Comcast here as of yet) doesn't work. It's got me scratching my head in frustration... Any pointers would be extremely helpful.

cholzhauer

Does the router do RA? Is that enabled?

I have a 615 and I found that if I entered IPv6 dns servers my tunnel wouldn't work at all

msroest

Did you manage to figure this out?

I have a similar problem, if I configure the tunnel on my linux box behind the 655 it works great.  But shutting down the tunnel and configuring it directly on the router.  It never shows a lan IPV6 address and it's not pingable if I try to hit it.

I tried removing the DNS server address but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Anyone have any other ideas, using the same settings

cholzhauer

For what it's worth, on my 615 if the tunnel was broken, I had to reset the router to factory defaults and re-configure everything (leaving out the IPv6 DNS server)