• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

How to push gateway to IPv6 DHCP?

Started by nov30th, December 04, 2012, 03:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nov30th

I set up the ip6to4 tunnel on RouterOS and it works with Windows clients if I set the IP address and gateway manually in Windows.

Then I set up the DHCP IPv6 in Windows 2008 R2, but there is no option for IPv6 gateway. All computers (Windows 7) can get the IPv6 address with DNS, but no gateway.

I tried to checked the "Advertise" in Lan address in RouterOS but still the same.

Anyone who can shortly explain how to put the gateway to the clients if using Windows DHCP service.

cholzhauer

You need to do RA with DHCP; RA is how clients get the default gateway

nov30th

Quote from: cholzhauer on December 04, 2012, 05:11:29 AM
You need to do RA with DHCP; RA is how clients get the default gateway

Thank you cholzhauer, does the RA can be separate with DHCP? If there is any way to build the RA in Windows Server?

I'm planning to upgrade my router software version but as it's in use I am afraid any problems in upgrade may disconnected whole network, if the RA can be build in Windows Server (AD) would be much better.

cholzhauer

Yeah, there's a way you can use Windows to advertise for you.  I've used it once just to try it, but I don't remember off the top of my head how I did it.  It involves the netsh commands, but that's about all I can remember; you'll have to ask Google, I'm sure it won't be too hard to find.