• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Yet another "Stuck on Admin Test" post

Started by lgrant, July 31, 2013, 11:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lgrant

Hi, Gang...

Like so many others, I seem to be stuck on the Admin Test.

Here is the interesting part of the DNS records:

blacklace.lynngrant.com   AAAA   86400   -   2001:470:1f11:90:52e5:49ff:feba:6999      
lynngrant.com   MX   86400   0   blacklace.lynngrant.com   
imap.lynngrant.com   CNAME   86400   -   blacklace.lynngrant.com   
mail.lynngrant.com   CNAME   86400   -   blacklace.lynngrant.com   
pop.lynngrant.com   CNAME   86400   -   blacklace.lynngrant.com   
smtp.lynngrant.com   CNAME   86400   -   blacklace.lynngrant.com   

And if I use PUTTY in RAW mode to talk to the Postfix server, I get this:

220 blacklace.lynngrant.com ESMTP Postfix
HELO carbon.lynngrant.com
250 blacklace.lynngrant.com

If I add MAIL, RCPT, and DATA records, I can send an email, and it gets properly delivered to Blacklace machine.

When I run the HE test, I get the dreaded spinning arrows icon.

The firewall shows that I am getting something from ipv6.he.net:

23:39:47.145130   WAN   ipv6.he.net, port 52819   2001:470:1f11:90:52e5:49ff:feba:6999, port 25   TCP

TCPDUMP on the Blacklace machine shows me that it receives the packet from ipv6.he.net and sends something
back, and that's the last it hears from ipv6.he.net.  It almost seems like ipv6.he.net doesn't like what it hears
from Postfix. But when I talk to Postfix with PUTTY, it *looks* like it is saying all the right things.

If I am making an obvious bonehead mistake, please let me know. Otherwise, I will keep experimenting, and
continuing to read all the other "Stuck on Admin Test" posts.

Thanks,

Lynn

lgrant

Another data point:

Sending a message to my Postfix server via Gmail gets eventually gets this error:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

lgrant@lynngrant.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[(0) blacklace.lynngrant.com. [2001:470:1f11:90:52e5:49ff:feba:6999]:25: Connection refused]

Could it be that HE is blocking my port 25 (even though I thought my tunnel was old enough to escape the blockage)?

Lynn

broquea

They are blocking SMTP from external sources, except ipv6.he.net for the purpose of the test. Once you complete Sage you can email ipv6@he.net and ask for the SMTP filter to be removed. Should probably email ipv6@he.net about this since the filter means we can't externally test to see what could be the issue, perhaps they can shed light on the issue. Do you see anything in the postfix mail logs that might speak to the issue, rather than firewall/tcpdump output?

kcochran

No filters in place, as the tunnel pre-dates them.

When trying from here, I'm getting a connection refused.

lgrant

Sure enough, a bonehead error.

inet_protocols = ipv4 was set in the configuration file for Postfix.  Changing it to ipv6 made things all better.

Thanks for your patience,

Lynn