• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

After reseting my router tunnel doesn't work

Started by shak85, September 23, 2014, 11:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shak85

Hello

I had to reset(unplug and plug again) my router because internet had issues and now it won't work . I'm tunneling my wan address which is 192.168.16.1 so it is not a problem of changing ips. What do i have to do ? To delete the tunnel and create another ? Shouldn't it automatically connect after the internet came up  with the reset?

Thanks a lot

Shak

Update: Now it works . It took about 10-15 minutes for the tunnel to start working on it self . Is this normal ?

cholzhauer

Depends on your ISP...my first reaction was that your public IP changed on the reboot.

shak85

Yes but i' m routing my wlan address 192.168.16.1 , so why does the change of public ip would affect this ?

broquea

Because the tunnel is to your public IP, not your NAT IP. If your public IP changes in any way, it breaks the tunnel unless you update HE to know about a new IP.

shak85

Quote from: broquea on September 24, 2014, 01:14:02 AM
Because the tunnel is to your public IP, not your NAT IP. If your public IP changes in any way, it breaks the tunnel unless you update HE to know about a new IP.

Thanks for the reply . So if the ip changes the tunnel needs to be re-created ? (delete tunnel and create it again?) ?

Any ideas why i regained ipv6 connectivity after 10-15 minutes without doing anything?

cholzhauer

No, you don't need to delete the tunnel; there's an option on the tunnel page to change your IP address.

shak85