• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Problem

Started by CelestialSaiyan, October 18, 2009, 05:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CelestialSaiyan

Hello, I am trying to update my tunnelbroker with my new ip 81.11.201.49
but i always get this error: Error: That IPv4 endpoint is already in use. If this is not used by a tunnel you control, and 81.11.201.49 is correct, please use our IPv4 verification tool.

But it isnt being used by me  ???

cholzhauer

did you try the verification tool?

CelestialSaiyan

Yes , but it doesnt help

jimb

If I had to guess, another user at your ISP once was assigned that IP, and registered with tunnelbroker, and never changed it.  It's probably associated with another users tunnel and hasn't timed out yet or been pruned by HE.

HE should probably put a mechanism in whereby you can take "ownership" of an IP by virtue of that IP being your source address.

kcochran

The verify test works by fetching a specific filename from the endpoint IP in question and then removing the tunnel if the fetch is successful.

We had discussed simply requiring that the requesting client be from the endpoint IP, but didn't go with that as any multi-user server with a tunnel on it is then prone to local users being jerks and blowing away the tunnel by use of this routine.

jimb

Quote from: kcochran on October 18, 2009, 03:01:30 PM
The verify test works by fetching a specific filename from the endpoint IP in question and then removing the tunnel if the fetch is successful.

We had discussed simply requiring that the requesting client be from the endpoint IP, but didn't go with that as any multi-user server with a tunnel on it is then prone to local users being jerks and blowing away the tunnel by use of this routine.
Ah I had forgotten how that works, or that you even had such a mechanism already.  Not sure why it's not working with that guy.

I'm glad I have statics.  :P

CelestialSaiyan

So i just click the ''fetch file button'' ?
If i do that it just keeps loading

CelestialSaiyan

It is solved, my ip changed again today and this one works