• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Vista SP2 v6v4tunnel

Started by koltlp, January 22, 2010, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

koltlp

C:\Windows\system32> netsh interface ipv6 add v6v4tunnel "IP6tunnel" 80.99.cc.dd 216.66.80.30
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

C:\Windows\system32> netsh interface ipv6 show int

Idx  Met   MTU   State        Name
---  ---  -----  -----------  -------------------
  1   50 4294967295  connected    Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1
12   20   1500  connected    Local Area Connection 2
13   20   1500  connected    Local Area Connection 3

broquea

Didn't really see a question, but I'll go ahead and ask one:

32bit or 64bit Vista? If 64bit, try using instead: v6v4tnnel interface=IP6tunnel

koltlp

32-bit Vista, but I've tried all those syntax alternatives. Might one of the .sys driver files be corrupt or missing?

broquea

Unknown, never seen that error creating a tunnel under it. Maybe uninstall IPv6, reboot, re-isntall, reboot, retry, the windows way! :D

jimb

Quote from: broquea on January 22, 2010, 03:34:14 PM
Unknown, never seen that error creating a tunnel under it. Maybe uninstall IPv6, reboot, re-isntall, reboot, retry, the windows way! :D
My term for that is "nudging Windows".  Term applies also when you do something like, say, open some prop sheet up, change some value to something else, hit OK or APPLY, change it back to what it's supposed to be, and magically things start working 'cause the software behind the prop sheet went and re-did a bunch of stuff in the background.  Just a little "nudge".  :)

koltlp

OK, I've upgraded to Windows 7 and it worked at once. So we'll never know what happened.