• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Windows 7, ipv6 tunnel, vpn, nat question.

Started by BleemZ, January 24, 2010, 11:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BleemZ

Hiya,

I'm wondering if it's possible to get an ipv6 tunnel functioning under Windows 7x64, behind a NAT firewall while tunneling through a public ip vpn?

I tried setting the client endpoint to my ip on the vpn, used the commands provided for Vista to setup the tunnel locally, opened all traffic on windows firewall from the Server ipv4 address and still no dice on ipv6 connectivity.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

jimb

In theory possible, unless the VPN server drops IP proto 41.  Is it an IPSEC ESP tunnel?

It really depends on the setup of the VPN.

BleemZ

It is an L2TP IPSec VPN.

Is there a way to test if protocol 41 is passing or being rejected? I do not believe they filter anything as I have no issues with anything else and all ports test as open.

Thanks!

jimb

Quote from: BleemZ on January 25, 2010, 11:08:54 AM
It is an L2TP IPSec VPN.

Is there a way to test if protocol 41 is passing or being rejected? I do not believe they filter anything as I have no issues with anything else and all ports test as open.

Thanks!
You could run wireshark or whatever on the interface and see if you see any incoming proto 41.  It's one thing to filter ports, it's another to filter protocols.  It's possible they they're dropping anything but ICMP, TCP and UDP, and maybe ARP.