• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

tserv11 / Amsterdam down?

Started by hisken, March 11, 2010, 02:28:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hisken

Hi All,

It looks like the Amsterdam PoP is down. This is frustrating since we use this PoP for our school's IPv6 connectivity  :( .

Does anybody know what's happening?

ohosipsix

As fas as I can tell, connection was lost between 09:59 and 10:59 CET (I do a connection test every hour) http://tunnelbroker.net/status.php shows the PoP is down, so we'll just have to wait.

I guess if you're in a rush and all your clients get their IPv6-address dynamically, you could setup a tunnel to tserv5.lon1, tserv17.lon1 or tserv18.fra1. Those are the PoP's with the lowest pings from where I'm sitting.

hisken

Quote from: ohosipsix on March 11, 2010, 04:04:33 AM
As fas as I can tell, connection was lost between 09:59 and 10:59 CET (I do a connection test every hour) http://tunnelbroker.net/status.php shows the PoP is down, so I we'll just have to wait.

I guess if you're in a rush and all your clients get their IPv6-address dynamically, you could setup a tunnel to tserv5.lon1, tserv17.lon1 or tserv18.fra1. Those are the PoP's with the lowest pings from where I'm sitting.
Okay, I just requested a new tunnel.
Everything fine, but we've got quite a lot of IPv6-enabled servers with static addresses which are in an wrong subnet.

Does anybody know how I am able to reach those IPv6-enabled servers again now I've got v6-connectivity using a new PoP?

cholzhauer

If they're local on your LAN, you have a couple of options.

A) use IPv4
B) Configure your router with static routes that routes that traffic to the correct location.

Kaatje

I sent a ticket into NOC about this. Is there any ETA? It would be good if one could simply switch the endpoint without losing tunnels. Thanks.

broquea

Seems a tech in NIKHEF doing an unrelated workorder, has de-cabled/knocked loose? our tunnel-server's ethernet patch. I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding this. No ETA.

hisken

Quote from: cholzhauer on March 11, 2010, 06:14:05 AM
If they're local on your LAN, you have a couple of options.

A) use IPv4
B) Configure your router with static routes that routes that traffic to the correct location.
A: Ironically we are just in the proces of migrating to IPv6  :) Clients are not configured yet to use the v6 server addresses though, so the problem isn't really that big. We're still waiting to get native IPv6.

B: Sounds interesting. I'll look into it!  :D

Quote from: broquea on March 11, 2010, 07:45:10 AM
Seems a tech in NIKHEF doing an unrelated workorder, has de-cabled/knocked loose? our tunnel-server's ethernet patch. I'm waiting to hear back from them regarding this. No ETA.
So the downtime isn't really related to technical issues (software/hardware) as I first thought. Heck, this should be easy to fix  :P . Hope they'll get to it soon at NIKHEF.

cholzhauer

If you do go with B, you might want to put a route in there that prevents routing that range to the Internet, because technically, that range is no longer yours.

cemc

Hi

Any updates on this? It still seems to be down. Not complaining, just wondering if there's an ETA ;)

Thanks

hisken

Unbelievable. Frankfurt seems down too, right now  :'( .
Let's jump to the next one.

Nevermind, my tunnel to Frankfurt is still up.
Don't know why the status page mentions it is down.

broquea

Quote from: hisken on March 11, 2010, 09:26:56 AM

You have a BGP tunnel? Because those are the only tunnels on tserv18. You probably have one on tserv6, which are for regular tunnels. Also there was a traffic shift in Frankfurt that we've migrated away, so that down is actually a false positive that will be cleared in the next few polls.

hisken

Quote from: broquea on March 11, 2010, 09:38:42 AM
Quote from: hisken on March 11, 2010, 09:26:56 AM

You have a BGP tunnel? Because those are the only tunnels on tserv18. You probably have one on tserv6, which are for regular tunnels. Also there was a traffic shift in Frankfurt that we've migrated away, so that down is actually a false positive that will be cleared in the next few polls.
Ah, missed that one, it's a regular tunnel indeed. Didn't see there was a second server in Frankfurt.

mastermind

Hi,

Is there already an ETA for this issue (just wondering), as tserv11 currently has a downtime of about 9 hours.

broquea