• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Help Pls. Im new to this.

Started by mikenzb, January 21, 2011, 11:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikenzb

Hi There My Name Is Michael And i live in Auckland,New zealand.
Im On Adsl2+ On Orcon@home network.
I wanted to get a tunnelbroker to my house so i can get a ipv6 address.
I Am Using Mac os x tiger
and my Ip Is 121.98.180.101
this is a error i get : Error: Your IPv4 endpoint is unreachable or unstable. Please make sure ICMP is not blocked. If you are blocking ICMP, please allow 66.220.2.74 through your firewall.

i was using my Ip as my IPv4 endpoint.

i have a THOMSON ST5x6v6 modem and to get into it i use 192.168.1.254
My Firewall is disable, my Remote Assistance is disable, my Intrusion Detection is enable , my Dynamic DNS is disable and my UPnP is enable.

When i change the endpoint to my modem Gateway or whatever i get a error. That IPv4 endpoint has been blocked (RFC1918 Private Address Space)

So does anyone know what i should do?   ???

Thanks Michael.

jimb

Enable ping response on your router/firewall.

mikenzb

Quote from: jimb on January 21, 2011, 11:51:02 PM
Enable ping response on your router/firewall.
i did a Connectivity Check showed all green ticks

im not sure how to enable ping responses on my router

hisken

Easy.

Open a command window (it is called "Terminal" in OSX afaik). Then type "telnet 192.168.1.254", default credentials are user: Administrator (pay attention to the first capital letter since it's case sensitive) with a blank password (or your own credentials of course, it's the same username/password you use to log on to the web interface in case you set your own password).

Now enter this command:
service system ifadd name=PING_RESPONDER group=wan
followed by
saveall
and two times
exit

Afterwards try to recreate a tunnel at HE. It should work this time. By the way, for the tunnel to work you might need to disable the intrusion detection and/or the firewall in the web interface.

Let me know if it worked  :)

cholzhauer

you also need to use the 121 address instead of your 192.

mikenzb

Quote from: hisken on January 22, 2011, 03:28:57 AM
Easy.

Open a command window (it is called "Terminal" in OSX afaik). Then type "telnet 192.168.1.254", default credentials are user: Administrator (pay attention to the first capital letter since it's case sensitive) with a blank password (or your own credentials of course, it's the same username/password you use to log on to the web interface in case you set your own password).

Now enter this command:
followed by
saveall
and two times
exit

Afterwards try to recreate a tunnel at HE. It should work this time. By the way, for the tunnel to work you might need to disable the intrusion detection and/or the firewall in the web interface.

It Keeps Saying : Failed to add interface group to unknown service access list.

mikenzb

Quote from: cholzhauer on January 22, 2011, 05:14:43 AM
you also need to use the 121 address instead of your 192.
that just says Trying 121.168.1.254...

mikenzb

Easy.

Now enter this command:
followed by
saveall
and two times
exit

Ah It worked after the 8th time. now i just need to know how to set up my tunnel on my mac. it doe stay ipv6 on my mac but i dont know what my Ipv6 address is?
its showing my ipv6 address but im still on the net with my ipv4 address.

mikenzb

Quote from: mikenzb on January 22, 2011, 09:55:00 AM
Easy.

Now enter this command:
followed by
saveall
and two times
exit

Ah It worked after the 8th time. now i just need to know how to set up my tunnel on my mac. it doe stay ipv6 on my mac but i dont know what my Ipv6 address is?
its showing my ipv6 address but im still on the net with my ipv4 address.
This is what i get when i try to set it up.

broquea

you need to be root

try using sudo before the commands

hisken

Quote from: broquea on January 22, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
you need to be root

Indeed. And since his Mac is behind NAT, he'll need to replace his public IP4 (121.98.180.101) with his local Mac IP (e.g. 192.168.1.x) in the commands.

mikenzb

Quote from: broquea on January 22, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
you need to be root

i did that and i think it works but im still on ipv4
i didnt enter any passwords cause my modem doesnt have a pass for the admin acc.

hisken

Quote from: mikenzb on January 22, 2011, 11:19:42 AM
i didnt enter any passwords cause my modem doesnt have a pass for the admin acc.
Can you ping any IPv6 address?

In terminal, enter something like this to verify.
Quoteping6 www.he.net

Also take a look at my post just above yours, since we posted our replies at the same time.

mikenzb

Quote from: hisken on January 22, 2011, 11:21:36 AM
Quote from: mikenzb on January 22, 2011, 11:19:42 AM
Can you ping any IPv6 address?

In terminal, enter something like this to verify.
Quoteping6 www.he.net

Also take a look at my post just above yours, since we posted our replies at the same time.
Nope i cant ping any ipv6 address this is what i get :

----
i try using my mac address this is what it came up with :

hisken

Let's see if we can fix it. First of all reboot your Mac to start from scratch.

In terminal log on to your Speedtouch using the telnet command.

Try entering the following sequence of commands:

ids config state=disabled
firewall config state=disabled

One of the following:

connection unbind application=IP6TO4 port=1

OR if that command doesn't work:
nat unbind application=IP6TO4 port=1

And last but not least:

saveall
exit

Now try recreating the tunnel on your Mac using the commands supplied by HE, with "sudo" prefixed before them. Pay attention to using your local IP in the commands instead of your public IP. Good luck.

Edit: I see you're quite on the other side of the world.
And guess what? When tracing your IP from here, a large part of it is being routed over the HE network :)
http://pastebin.com/yJ8EfXQ6