• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

cannot locate the AAAA records from my Domain

Started by ETrudeau, March 12, 2014, 09:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ETrudeau

Hello,

I am totally not a tech minded person. I have started my BIT and part of our NET course is to take the Hurricane Electric course. We only need to get to administrator.

THat being said I am having issues. Not uncommon for a girl I know. Anyway I managed to fumble my way through to the explorer level. Now I have my domain, thanks to godaddy, I went in and added the AAAA record info with my end local point ipv6 address... I played with the IIS stuff, but when I run the cmd nslookup, set q=aaaa, k1w1et.com ns1he.net he.net cannot find my aaaa record. Also when I try to reach my domain using firefox I get a 401.3 error. that I am not authorised.

OK I am sure I am authorised as I own the laptop... but I may need to change some settings and that is my issue, if someone could lay out the instructions on checking my ACL settings in non tech speak, then I might have a chance at getting up into administrator

Thank you

kasperd

Quote from: ETrudeau on March 12, 2014, 09:51:38 PMWe only need to get to administrator.
Good, cause you won't make it all the way to Sage, with the DNS server, the domain is hosted on.

Quote from: ETrudeau on March 12, 2014, 09:51:38 PMNow I have my domain, thanks to godaddy, I went in and added the AAAA record info with my end local point ipv6 address...
I see a AAAA record on your domain. But when I try to connect I get connection timeout, presumably because you turned off the computer.

Quote from: ETrudeau on March 12, 2014, 09:51:38 PMI played with the IIS stuff, but when I run the cmd nslookup, set q=aaaa, k1w1et.com ns1he.net he.net cannot find my aaaa record.
I cannot reproduce this. But it should not matter, since you are not using HE for authoritative DNS.

Quote from: ETrudeau on March 12, 2014, 09:51:38 PMAlso when I try to reach my domain using firefox I get a 401.3 error. that I am not authorised.
Sounds like your problem is with IIS. In other words, the IPv6 part is working, but you need to find a guide to configuring IIS. All I know about IIS is that it runs on an OS, which I have no experience with. But Google can find thousands of pages about that particular IIS error message, one of them might answer your question.

cholzhauer

Make sure IIS is running and make sure whatever user you're using to run IIS has permissions to the directory you're hosting files from.

ETrudeau

Thank you all. I have manged to get further along with it. I am just now getting the cannot grab file.. I will research on my own