• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

IPv6 tunneling from broadband network

Started by alexals, May 13, 2015, 11:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexals

Hello all,

I would like to test IPv6 service via tunneling but I'm not sure whether I can do tunneling from my broadband network which has dynamic IPv4 which NATed to internal IPv4 private network. Therefore, whenever I login to internet, I'm always got random private IPv4 address from ISP which is mapped to their public IP. Is there a way to get around this?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Alex

cholzhauer

You'll have to use another service other than HE.

evantkh

If you are sure that your external IP will not be changed during one session and the IP is pingable from the internet, you can still try to see if it works.

alexals

The IP is static but unfortunately is not ping-able from Internet... I guess no way to do tunneling.  :(

xxxyyyzzz0

You CANNOT use HE's tunnel broker unless you have a public IP.

If you want to use IPv6, you can use a cloud server as an proxy. The server connet to HE's tunnel broker, and route it to your own network by VPN.

evantkh

Quote from: xxxyyyzzz0 on May 15, 2015, 06:04:23 PM
You CANNOT use HE's tunnel broker unless you have a public IP.

If you want to use IPv6, you can use a cloud server as an proxy. The server connet to HE's tunnel broker, and route it to your own network by VPN.

It will still work if it is a one to one NAT, like the elastic IP of amazon aws, assuming protocol 41 can be forwarded properly but I think broadband ISPs would not provide this information and it would depend on whether there are users under the same IP are using HE tunnelbroker.