• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

DNS.he.net and tunnel broker problems.

Started by rcurtis, June 05, 2015, 04:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcurtis

Hi,
Not sure if this is a bug but here goes.

I use DNS.he.net and set a domain on dynamic.
I setup my Asus RT-AC66U router with the latest merlin.

If I setup tunnelbroker my openvpn breaks because the tunnel id is used instead of in the hostname entry.

If I setup for HE DNS the ip updates but tunnelbroker does not pickup the update.

I'm getting very confused what can be done as I want IPV6 setup and I need my domain sorted out correctly so it doesnt break openvpn with an invalid domain.

Any clues what to do?

evantkh

HE DNS update is for the updates of the dynamic DNS service which is not the tunnelbroker. Updating HE DNS will not update your tunnelbroker IPv4 endpoint although updating your tunnelbroker IPv4 endpoint will update your dynamic DNS IP as well if you configured it at the tunnel advanced settings.

In you case, it seems that your router does not support the endpoint update of the tunnelbroker.

rcurtis

I have found a roundabout way to fix the problem as it's the router had a bug. I still have a stange problem when I'm connected to the tunnel.
I can access any ipv6 site but cannot connect to ipv6 he pages. As my netwok is ipv6 prefered this is a problem.. Is there a ipv4 dns.he.net page.?
Right now I have to disable ipv6 just to get to dns.he.net.

evantkh

Quote from: rcurtis on June 14, 2015, 02:29:11 AM
I have found a roundabout way to fix the problem as it's the router had a bug. I still have a stange problem when I'm connected to the tunnel.
I can access any ipv6 site but cannot connect to ipv6 he pages. As my netwok is ipv6 prefered this is a problem.. Is there a ipv4 dns.he.net page.?
Right now I have to disable ipv6 just to get to dns.he.net.

HE websites should have dual stack support.