• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Packet loss he.net <-> he.net

Started by mafische, September 22, 2017, 01:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mafische

Hello all,

in two locations I'm running separate 6in4 tunnels on top of standard DSL lines, working seemingly fine individually. The first, running already a couple of years, is terminating in OpenWRT, and in the second one, terminating on OPNsense, I had to adjust the standard MTU, but otherwise no obvious issues.

When I try direct IPv6 ssh connections from one site to the other (Berlin POP -> Frankfurt POP) the reproducible effect is that the connection dies after some time with continuous traffic (~10 secs). IPv4 always works fine. Only he.net in the traceroute.

I can trace on both ends and putting the wireshark windows side by side I see missing packets and following retransmissions, DUP Acks. There's no issue with packet sizes, everything only a few hundred bytes.

Can anybody give me a hint how to debug this any further? Or has experienced similar problems? If needed, I can provide the traces.

matthiaspfaller

Hi,

you seem to be located in germany, so you might be affected by https://forums.he.net/index.php?topic=3601.msg21112#msg21112

regards, Matthias