• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

Able to ping but not visit websites.

Started by addizins, April 27, 2009, 03:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

addizins

I have a freebsd router connecting to the tunnel, i'm able to give my windows box an ipv6 address where i can ping/traceroute to the world and for the moment the world can ping/traceroute me. But for some reason when trying to visit an ipv6 enabled website from ie/firefox it times out. Right now theres no firewalls blocking anything, just seeing if anyone else has run into this and can give me some tips. Os is Vista.

--update
Tested out a linux client and that worked out of the box, am I just missing something with windows?

scotthellewell

I am seeing a similar issue to this one, although the only website I can not visit via ipv6, (of the ones I tried) is the hurricane electric web sites. I have 2 tunnels setup.  1 tunnel is from work the other from home.  From both of the tunnels I am able to ping and be pinged, tracert, etc.  At work the tunnel is setup directly in windows.  At home I am running dd-wrt with radvd giving out the ipv6 addresses.  It all works well unless I try to access this website.

I successfully visit ipv6.google.com, www.sixxs.net, www.whatismyipv6.net, and other sites.  The ones that tell you where you are coming from show my an address from my ipv6 /64 subnet that I am giving out from my dd-wrt.  Hurricane electric never comes up.

Testing from the command line I can ping the ipv6 address of tunnelbroker.net and can tracert to it.  I have verified that the address I am getting from work and at home are the same.  I can also ping and tracert from work. 

The next test is telnet to the ipv6 address port 80.  I then type a few characters and hit enter.  This just sits there at home, but works beautifully from work. Next I try the same with the ipv4 address.  This works fine on both systems.  I am farely sure I don't have any firewalls setup to block just port 80 from tunnelbroker.net through my firewall in dd-wrt.  BTW, this same blockage of tunnelbroker.net is happening from 4 different machines behind my dd-wrt router. Does anyone have any ideas?  I have solved it for now by putting the ipv4 address in the hosts file, but that doesn't really solve the issue.

Thanks

malfeasant

Quote from: addizins on April 27, 2009, 03:35:42 AM
I have a freebsd router connecting to the tunnel, i'm able to give my windows box an ipv6 address where i can ping/traceroute to the world and for the moment the world can ping/traceroute me. But for some reason when trying to visit an ipv6 enabled website from ie/firefox it times out. Right now theres no firewalls blocking anything, just seeing if anyone else has run into this and can give me some tips. Os is Vista.

--update
Tested out a linux client and that worked out of the box, am I just missing something with windows?

How is your DNS resolution?  Just a hunch...