• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Setting IPv6 tunnels with Comcast

Started by elventear, June 03, 2009, 09:14:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elventear

Sadly, I had to switch to a new provider, because the service I was using was not available at my new place. Now I am using Comcast for Broadband and I am trying to setup my IPv6 tunnels as I had before. I've run in a major show stopper. HE says that ICMP is blocked at my IP. I've tried pinging my own IP from external networks and effectively I am not being able to get a response.

Anyone else using Comcast? Is this is an isolated issue with my connection or is this something they do accross their network? Any ideas on what else to try to get my IPv6 connection back?

Thanks!

broquea

Even I use Comcast without issue. It should be the usual wan port setting to allow incoming ICMP, depending on the router/firewall/nat appliance you are using.

jimb

Quote from: broquea on June 03, 2009, 11:24:01 AM
Even I use Comcast without issue. It should be the usual wan port setting to allow incoming ICMP, depending on the router/firewall/nat appliance you are using.
Comcast?!  You mean HE doesn't drop at least a frac DS3 into your place for you?  :P

broquea

Quote from: jimb on June 07, 2009, 03:35:01 PM
Comcast?!  You mean HE doesn't drop at least a frac DS3 into your place for you?  :P

Only if I want to pay for the local-loop

jimb

Quote from: broquea on June 07, 2009, 04:07:14 PM
Quote from: jimb on June 07, 2009, 03:35:01 PM

Only if I want to pay for the local-loop
Yeah that'd be a bit spendy.  :P  Hopefully we'll get FiOS or some sort of metro ethernet or something like that in our area soon.  A friend of mine in LA just got FiOS and it's so fast.  Although they don't do statics unless you get biz class.  Not sure if they do native IPv6 either.

kornholijo

Thats why I love Europe, metho ethernet in (almost) every major city. You can get 100/20 for $50~ in stockholm :)

@topic
Your router or computer is blocking ICMP, not Comcast

jimb

Quote from: kornholijo on June 09, 2009, 02:52:11 PM
Thats why I love Europe, metho ethernet in (almost) every major city. You can get 100/20 for $50~ in stockholm :)

@topic
Your router or computer is blocking ICMP, not Comcast
Metro enet is available in major cities here in the USA too.  Not sure if it's that cheap though.  Of course, I live in the Suburbs, so I'll just have to wait for something like FiOS.  :P