• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Logging into he.net sites using Google Chrome

Started by nuclear305, May 29, 2010, 03:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuclear305

Has anyone managed to successfully log into HE.net sites using Google Chrome?

Despite having javascript enabled I always get an invalid user/password error.  Works fine in other browsers; and I can replicate this issue on several computers running Chrome.

jgadmin

It works fine here.

Ubuntu 10.04 / Chrome 6.0.408.1 dev

broquea

jimb

Windows XP: FF 3.6, Chrome, Exploder 8, Opera 10.53, Safari 4.0.5 <- Works.

Ubuntu 9.10: FF 3.6 , Chrome <- works

;D

cholzhauer

claas

I had problems logging in with Chrome the first time after registration, but after logging in the first time with Firefox, Chrome is working, too. I am using Win XP Pro SP3 with Chrome 5.0.375.55

nuclear305

I discovered my problem while trying to troubleshoot login issues with one of my own websites.  I couldn't figure out why the md5 sums were coming out differently.  It had to do with double-clicking the stored password to highlight it and then pasting it into the form in Chrome.  Apparently Chrome handles clipboard input different from other browsers and doesn't strip whitespace.

Aside from not highlighting passwords that way anymore, I trimmed the user input server-side as well.

strongbow

Quote from: nuclear305 on June 04, 2010, 12:57:47 PM
It had to do with double-clicking the stored password to highlight it and then pasting it into the form in Chrome.  Apparently Chrome handles clipboard input different from other browsers and doesn't strip whitespace.

Aside from not highlighting passwords that way anymore, I trimmed the user input server-side as well.

I had the same problem. Apparently Chrome likes to add an extra space at the end of the string when it pastes (or copies to the clipboard, not sure which). I figured it out when I copy and pasted my username into the login form and saw the space there.

strongbow

Quote from: nuclear305 on May 29, 2010, 03:21:29 PM
Has anyone managed to successfully log into HE.net sites using Google Chrome?

On a similar vein, has anyone gotten it to work with IPV6?
I have IPv6 working from my router (Ubuntu 10.04) and HE confirms they can scan my end of the tunnel. I can ping ipv6.he.net from my Win 7 workstation through the router on ipv6, but when I try to access the web page and do the "enthusiast" certificate, it tells me I'm accessing via IPv4.

broquea

I found that on a system that create a tunnel on, if chrome is running, that i have to kill it and start it up again so it can use both stacks. And if the tunnel goes down, gotta restart chrome again because it still thinks there is v6 even if the OS doesn't.

bauani

I used Google Chrome on Win7 Box . But not working. Chrome Version is: 7.0.517.41. Seems have a bug related to Javascript of he.net.

Let's see what happen.

Ahamed Bauani
IPv6 Certified Professional by He.Net
http://blog.bauani.org/
http://ipv6.he.net/certification/scoresheet.php?pass_name=bauani
http://www.google.com/search?q=bauani

lukec

No problem here. In fact slightly more useful as the "reply" post text area is actually sizable, not just a scroll bar...:-)
Regards
lukec