• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

I'm clueless with this

Started by alberto90, December 08, 2010, 12:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alberto90

I'm still not sure if this is going to work.  My ISP have told me that I may not be able to access the router using the telnet commands and if I reset it to factory settings they have told me there are still no guarantees that I will be able to change the password I have the feeling that the passwords may be set on installation.  They said they don't support proxy server set ups when I pressed them on the subject obviously they asked me why I wanted access to the router.

Changing the speedtouch password from the website does nothing I have used a number of passwords my talktalk email and password, Admin, password, etc none of it works with the cmd telnet when I enter the password.  I can't find anywhere else on the speed touch website where it needs to be entered.

http://192.168.1.254/

I got installation instructions very similar to the below when I installed this 510 v6 a few weeks ago and all I put in was my talktalk username and password.

http://support.talktalk.co.uk/cgi-bin/uk_tiscali.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=521&p_created=1175687424&p_sid=6Oua_qmk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9NTIsNTImcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1zcGVlZHRvdWNoIDUxMA!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

donbushway

Quote from: alberto90 on January 31, 2011, 01:04:32 PM
Quote from: cholzhauer on January 31, 2011, 07:38:03 AM
The address of your router is

Thanks!  After I bypass the password bit I get this.  I've used my windows admin pass and my ISP pass but they don't seem to let me pass this stage.  I'll retry them all
Username : Administrator
Password :
------------------------------------------------------------------------

______  SpeedTouch 510
                        ___/_____/\
                       /         /\  6.1.18.6
                 _____/__       /  \
               _/       /\_____/___ \  Copyright (c) 1999-2006, THOMSON
              //       /  \       /\ \
      _______//_______/    \     / _\/______
     /      / \       \    /    / /        /\
  __/      /   \       \  /    / /        / _\__
 / /      /     \_______\/    / /        / /   /\
/_/______/___________________/ /________/ /___/  \
\ \      \    ___________    \ \        \ \   \  /
 \_\      \  /          /\    \ \        \ \___\/
    \      \/          /  \    \ \        \  /
     \_____/          /    \    \ \________\/
          /__________/      \    \  /
          \   _____  \      /_____\/
           \ /    /\  \    /___\/
            /____/  \  \  /
            \    \  /___\/
             \____\/

------------------------------------------------------------------------
_{Administrator}=>

At this point you are in the router at a command prompt. Use the commands Hisken gave you to enable ping response.

alberto90

May as well have another go at this.  What shall I do now I'm at the cprompt?

alberto90

Looks like interest has been lost.

alberto90

I'm preparing to give up with this.  Can anyone help? It will test your patience and professional knowledge and tutoring skills.  That's what I thought help forums were for :)

Thanks

alberto90