• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

Cisco/Linksys E4200 Native firmware - IPv6 - 6rd

Started by michaelm4936, June 27, 2011, 07:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shak85

Thanks a lot , i might just go with the 2500 , is currently on sale on amazon and has usb port which will be very handy

matthewkoster

Sorry to bump this old thread again, but I cannot seem to ping my internal IPv6 addresses...

I have it set up as the OP suggested, using the Client IPv6 and server IPv4.  I can ping IPv6 addresses from my private network and can ping the server IPv6 from outside, however I cannot ping the Client IPv6 address from anywhere and cannot ping my IPv6 address from the net.  I am trying to do the IPv6 certification from home using VMWare, but won't beablet o copmplete the webserver part if I cannot ping my internal IPv6 addresses.  any ideas?

BTW, I am using a Linksys E2500 and it works connects fine (according tot he status).  I also tried wraithbone's option of using the routed/64 address, but still no go on the pings.

On a side note, for anyone who completed the IPv6 certification using hteir own internal network, how did you mad a FQDN to it?  I would like to use some sort of a dyndns service if possible.

nickbeee

Quote from: matthewkoster on December 15, 2014, 09:38:42 PM
I have it set up as the OP suggested, using the Client IPv6 and server IPv4.  I can ping IPv6 addresses from my private network and can ping the server IPv6 from outside, however I cannot ping the Client IPv6 address from anywhere and cannot ping my IPv6 address from the net.  I am trying to do the IPv6 certification from home using VMWare, but won't beablet o copmplete the webserver part if I cannot ping my internal IPv6 addresses.  any ideas?
Check the settings for the IPv6 SPI Firewall. It's enabled by default and it will be blocking traffic to hosts on your network.

On a side note, for anyone who completed the IPv6 certification using hteir own internal network, how did you mad a FQDN to it?  I would like to use some sort of a dyndns service if possible.
I registered a domain with namecheap and pointed the nameservers at Hurricane's DNS service. This allowed me to configure a host for the SMTP and Web servers.

HTH.
Nick B.

Tunnelling with [Open|Net|Free]BSD and IOS.
IPv6 courtesy of   HE and   Sixxs.

matthewkoster

PatrickDickey

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have a couple of questions. I just bought an EA2700, and it has the IPv6 capabilities in it. So my questions are, what settings do I need for a dynamic IPv4 address? And will this automatically update whenever my IPv4 address changes, or do I need to manually do it?

I'm hoping it eliminates the python script that I have updating my address currently.

Thanks, and have a great day.:)
Patrick.