Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DNS ACME challenge. (Let's encrypt validation)  (Read 26232 times)

PJSalt

Re: DNS ACME challenge. (Let's encrypt validation)
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2017, 01:34:22 PM »

Yeah, I also don't like having to store the login credentials of the account in a file like that. A system with an API key would be much better.

Even better would be if we could also limit what the API key can do and assign rights to it. For example: only create/edit/remove TXT records. So that when somebody unauthorized gets a hold of the API key that they can't do too much damage by for example changing A/AAAA records and such.

PJSalt

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 06:28:28 AM »

Any updates on this? Now that Let's Encrypt has officially launched their v2 API with wildcard support (which only works with the dns-01 challenge method by the way), it would be nice if dns.he.net had an API as well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:48:17 AM by PJSalt »

TemiD

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 04:46:09 PM »

+1 for Let's Encrypt and API integration. Cloudflare supported the api, but I moved to he.net for the ipv6 cert course. I use a wildcard for my network and manually renewing certs is going to bite.

beneckema

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2018, 02:40:13 AM »

+1 i like to use an scripted dns-01 challange, so it would be great to use the API like the "dynamic" A and AAAA Records

mkbloke

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 03:08:38 AM »

+1 for an API supporting TXT records to make Let's Encrypt easy.

Ian
Pages: 1 [2]