• Welcome to Hurricane Electric's IPv6 Tunnel Broker Forums.

News:

Welcome to Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker.net forums!

Main Menu

New POPs?

Started by brad, July 03, 2009, 11:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad

HE seems to have POPs in Zurich, Stockholm and Tokyo. Will there be tunnelbroker POPs at these loations in the future?

broquea

Yes. Hardware is en route.

sttun

This is great news for me, asi live in Norway sending packets to London (oddly the quickest PoP for me) still creates a ferst hop (ipv6) of <60 ms while other servers in Stockholm ar generally <40ms and sometimes by a sigfficant margin. Any ETA on the avalebillity of that PoP in the tunnel broker?

broquea

Quote from: sttun on July 16, 2009, 03:47:21 PM
This is great news for me, asi live in Norway sending packets to London (oddly the quickest PoP for me) still creates a ferst hop (ipv6) of <60 ms while other servers in Stockholm ar generally <40ms and sometimes by a sigfficant margin. Any ETA on the avalebillity of that PoP in the tunnel broker?

Stockholm is one of the last POPs to get it's gear shipped out. I'll make the usual forum announcement when the POPs are live! I promise!

jimb

Care to list an inventory of this equipment for curious IT people?  I know you may not want to for a bunch of reasons.  :p

broquea

Quote from: jimb on July 16, 2009, 06:42:00 PM
Care to list an inventory of this equipment for curious IT people?  I know you may not want to for a bunch of reasons.  :p

Sure, its:

[redacted] x [redacted]
[redacted] x [redacted]
1 x tunnel-server

:)

jimb

snarked

Don't forget to update the map at http://www.he.net/Hurricane_Electric_Geographic_Network_Map.jpg

I'm also surprised there's no Denver POP.  May other carriers seem to have a presence there.

brad

Quote from: snarked on July 16, 2009, 11:41:27 PM
I'm also surprised there's no Denver POP.  May other carriers seem to have a presence there.

Except HE's focus seems to be on cities with fairly good peering points and Denver has essentially nothing.

broquea

Quote from: brad on July 17, 2009, 12:00:04 AM
Quote from: snarked on July 16, 2009, 11:41:27 PM

Except HE's focus seems to be on cities with fairly good peering points and Denver has essentially nothing.

Denver has come up in conversation, but it's on the roadmap made up from imaginary capital. It isn't an outright impossibility, just not practical at the moment.

sttun

Quote from: broquea on July 16, 2009, 04:37:42 PM

Stockholm is one of the last POPs to get it's gear shipped out. I'll make the usual forum announcement when the POPs are live! I promise!
Wow that was a quick reply, I now that giving exact dates is difficult but can you give a rough estimate on the availability of the Stockholm PoP?

broquea

Quote from: sttun on July 17, 2009, 04:40:12 AM

Wow that was a quick reply, I now that giving exact dates is difficult but can you give a rough estimate on the availability of the Stockholm PoP?

Not at this time, still waiting on vendors of various things.

brad

A bit OT but has Montreal ever been discussed as a city for a HE POP?

broquea

Quote from: brad on July 20, 2009, 04:43:54 AM
A bit OT but has Montreal ever been discussed as a city for a HE POP?
Not as of yet, but we're looking at expanding more overseas than in NA at this time.

sttun

Hello
Any news on the Stockholm PoP yet? I know this can be taken as nagging, I isn't ment to be, but I'm exited to try it out. If you need beta testers for the PoP I hereby volunteer. A few friends of mine has shown interest but when they heard that the wold need to change their config and all dns mapings (one of them runs  abunch of VMs for testing a number of things and he just loves the idea of having them accessible via ipv6) they said the wanted to wait for Stockholm to go live.

So, any ETA yet, at last which mounth?
Thanks again for a great free service
Bjarne Nilsson